Leaving your job behind to retire? Rather than wallowing in retirement regret when and if you do make the decision to leave the workplace, it’s better to be up front about the things you know you will miss most about your work.
Here’s what I’ll miss about work:
- My morning coffee
- Recognition for a job well done
- Taking a walk at lunch
- Pleasant clients
- Access to information that I wouldn’t have otherwise
- Friendly, supportive co-workers
- Contributing to something bigger and more important than the sum of the individual parts
- Constantly learning
- Having a purpose everyday
- Feeling like I belong somewhere
Would you miss something about your work if you retired? What would it be?